The fact that my job is at risk means that our original plans for a wedding in early summer aren’t feasible any more.
However, waiting for stability to return during a bad recession could mean that we’d wait for the right moment for years and years, and we don’t want to do that.
So we’ve decided to do the opposite and get married as soon as possible, but have the party later.
My parents had already announced a visit next week, so we decided to get married on Saturday the 28th of February at 2pm in Park Circus (please do come along if you get a chance!).
Fortunately my sister, Miriam, has been able to get a ticket despite the ultra-short notice!
As I wrote above, we’re still planning to have a real wedding party for friends and family at some later date, but we’ve no idea when that’ll be – it could be later this year, but it could also be one or two years hence if the recession gets worse.