After my disastrous predictions for 2011, here are my predictions for 2012:The referendum on Scottish independence won't take place yet.SF will leave the Danish government.It will again become possible to get a Danish passport in Scotland.The euro will not collapse – all current members will remain inside the Eurozone.The British inflation rate (measured by CPI) will not fall below 4%.UEFA...
Most people here in Newton Mearns are probably not aware that the Danish Meteorological Institute produces a weather forecast for Newton Mearns.Unfortunately, it's in Danish, but it's really only the days of the week that are likely to cause problems.I'm not sure whether it's more or less accurate that the other forecasts out there, but it's nice they've made one...
I guess it’s time to evaluate my predictions for 2012:
- The referendum on Scottish independence won’t take place yet. Right.
- SF will leave the Danish government. Wrong, but they changed their leader.
- It will again become possible to get a Danish passport in Scotland. Well, not for adults, but small children can now again get it here as far as I know.
- The euro will not collapse – all current members will remain inside the Eurozone. Right.
- The British inflation rate (measured by CPI) will not fall below 4%. Wrong — it fell as low as 2.2% before rising again.
- UEFA 2012 will be won by the Netherlands. Wrong.
- After a year with record-breaking levels of rain, Scotland will enjoy its second-warmest year ever. Wrong; Scotland had a very warm March, but not in general a very warm year, and although it has been the wettest year ever in England, Scotland hasn’t been quite as exceptional.
- The Icelandic volcano Katla will erupt and cause a new flight ban over Europe. Wrong.
- The Russian government will be forced to step down and call fresh elections. Wrong.
- The Eurovision Song Contest will be won by Georgia.Wrong.
So, about 2 1/2 out of 10.
I’m afraid that Troels — who predicted “the negation of each individual statement” — produced a more accurate forecast.
I'm afraid that my predictions for 2011 weren't that great:There will be a general election in Denmark. The Social Democrats and SF will form a minority government, which will quickly get into serious trouble trying to carry out their legislative programme. Wrong: After the election, the Social Liberals entered the government, too, and so far they're managing to govern.There won't be a general election in the UK, but the LibDems will get more and more worried about their lack of...
Det er nu rart, når vinteren endelig siger helt farvel, og man kan sidde udenfor i solen og spise morgenmad uden overtøj på.I år har vejret virkelig haft travlt i den sidste uge – det er præcist en uge siden, børnene byggede årets sidste snemand.Nu gælder det så om at få smidt nogle frø i jorden – hvis det går...
Here are my predictions for 2011: There will be a general election in Denmark. The Social Democrats and SF will form a minority government, which will quickly get into serious trouble trying to carry out their legislative programme.There won't be...
Da der for en gangs skyld faldt ordentlige mængder sne i den forgange uge, besluttede jeg mig for at bygge en iglo til børnene i haven.Alle danskere har vel i skolen og på TV hørt så meget om Grønland, at...
Earlier stories »